Lifestyle Medicine Prescription
A foundational tool to add Lifestyle Medicine Interventions into your practice, clinic or health center.
Learn how to write Lifestyle Medicine Prescriptions at the Lifestyle Medicine Summit Oct. 27-31, 2021 with complementary access to 35+ presentations and premium workshops.
Why Lifestyle Medicine Prescriptions?
Lifestyle Medicine is the use of evidence-based lifestyle therapeutic intervention—including a whole-food, plant-predominant eating pattern, regular physical activity, restorative sleep, psychosocial stress management, avoidance of risky substances, and positive social connection to prevent, treat, and often reverse chronic disease.¹
How To Write Lifestyle Medicine Prescriptions?
Prescribing Lifestyle Medicine* or “Lifestyle Medicine Prescriptions” are evidence-based customized patient action plans around nutrition, physical activity, stress management, social connection, or any other lifestyle intervention.
A successful Lifestyle Medicine prescription starts with a deep understanding of the patient and their life circumstances. Once this has been established, a SMART (specific, measurable, accountable, realistic, and time connected) Lifestyle Medicine prescription can be written. ¹
Lifestyle Medicine Prescriptions add a smart choice of care for patients to the existing Rx prescriptions and managing symptoms model.
* The terms Prescribing Lifestyle Medicine and Lifestyle Medicine Prescriptions are not trademarked.
** The term Lifestyle Prescriptions® is a global trademark and can only be used after completing the Write Lifestyle Prescriptions® Course at the Lifestyle Prescriptions® University.
Why Prescribe Lifestyle Medicine?
The science is clear. Lifestyle is Medicine and has the potential to stop and reverse the majority of chronic, non-communicable diseases like diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular, pain, depression, or anxiety.¹
Empower Your Patients
Reconnect with your medical mission and provide lifestyle options in addition to your current modalities. Your quality of care improves and your enjoyment to work with patients too.
Get paid well when you offer Lifestyle Medicine and Health Coaching services through new reimbursement options available now. ⁹
Learn how to write Lifestyle Medicine Prescriptions at the Lifestyle Medicine Summit Oct. 27-31, 2021.
“Lifestyle as medicine has the potential to prevent up to 80% of chronic disease; no other medicine can match that. In addition, it is potentially inexpensive and even cost-saving; free of all but good side effects; safe and appropriate for children and octogenarians alike. It is, quite simply, the best medicine we’ve got.”
David Katz, MD, MPH, FACPM, FACP
President, American College of Lifestyle Medicine Founding Director, Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center
Research & References
1. American College of Lifestyle Medicine and Lifestyle Medicine Alliance
2. Prescribe Lifestyle Medicine and writing@ Lifestyle Prescriptions®
3. Prescribing Lifestyle Medicine
4. Dean Ornish MD Ground-breaking Lifestyle Medicine Research
5. Nutritional Update for Physicians: Plant-Based Diets
6. Compendium of the Health and Wellness Coaching Literature
7. Covid Pre-existing Conditions and Dr. Robert Pearl ZDoggMD Interview
8. 90% of Healthcare Costs deals with Chronic Disease
9. How To Solve The Chronic Disease Pandemic, Save Billions in Healthcare Costs and Create 100,000 high-paying jobs.